Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend update

The wax eater could not hang out for the last couple months because he was studying for a major medical school exam that he took Friday. We celebrated. I celebrated more than anyone else because I really like the guy. I got home around 2 a.m. and found an e-mail from the Tar Heel Tournament director that said "You're in." I drank eight glasses of water.

I made it to the course on time and felt ready to play. When I tried to pay my non-member fee, the director said I was still on the wait list. Shoot. I waited until another wait list guy registered and finally handed over my money. The director gave me a goody bag of discs and disc markers. I sat and waited for about 30 minutes until the players finally picked up their scorecards and trudged to their designated holes in the building heat. The problem was that I did not have a designated hole. The director did not have a spot for me after all. He let me keep a free disc from the goody bag. I could not be upset with what seemed to be an honest mistake. I know I have made similar mistakes with my clients.

I took a nap. Then I went to Lowe's with my girlfriend to buy a piece of plywood that will become a two-sided replica of Carolina's football field and basketball court. The finished product will be a surface on which I will play dominoes and grade papers. Can't wait.

I also constructed a Web site for next school year. Tell me if you have suggestions.

Rabid foxes attacked three different people last week in Chapel Hill. Stay safe out there. Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment