Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bumblebee chain

I like scented candles. I also like women. This is a strange combination. I know. I lit my vanilla favorite on the bathroom sink right before I showered. Perhaps it was the scent that took my mind through the following chain of loosely related life events.

I watched Blind Melon's "No Rain" video, which is full of dancing bumblebees, when I got home from work. In the shower I remembered Kevin Timony, a hi-friend from Libertyville High School, standing perfectly still in a mechanical sunflower suit at the Mr. LHS contest.

"Lorrie Aiello, will you come turn me on?" he asked innocently on April 20, 2002, while I watched from a dark corner. She turned him on, and he danced. Ten minutes later Nolan Semrau had cornered me in the wings. He pushed me onstage to face the blurry crowd.

I turned off the shower, blew out the candle and put on some boxers.

No comments:

Post a Comment